This is our most popular horseback adventure, offered since 1978! Ride across the ranch and hike to our 80 foot waterfall for a swim on this epic adventure!
Note: Times may vary, please check calendar for current schedule
- Person (3.5 Hours)
- Person (2.5 Hours)
Private Kaua’i Horseback Rides
Join us for a private ride on our historic cattle ranch on the north shore of Kaua’i. The Hanalei Mountains and the Pacific Ocean surround you as you ride through the verdant pastures on one of the oldest cattle ranches in Hawaii. This ride is perfect for the more experienced rider or if you desire an exclusive experience with a private guide. Family owned and operated for over 40 years, we are known for our breathtaking views, well cared for horses, and authentic Aloha!
The 2.5 hour ride keeps you in the saddle for the entire ride while the 3.5 hour takes you to our 80-foot waterfall for a refreshing swim. Moderate hiking is involved and feel free to bring a snack or lunch to enjoy at the falls!Our guides are educated in natural horsemanship skills and will share their knowledge of Hawaii’s history, flora, and fauna. All riding levels are welcome. Private rides can be arranged for both smaller or larger groups. Two-person minimum. Come enjoy a personalized experience on a private ride with us!All participants need to be in good physical condition. No pregnant mothers. No recent injuries or surgeries. Moderate to intermediate hiking is involved.
For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Must be at least 8 years old
- 250 lbs weight limit- must also fit within our height/weight ratio chart (see above)
- Children ages 8 to 15 years old must be accompanied on tour by an adult guest who is at least 18 years old.
- Children ages 16 & 17 years old may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Shoes with a solid toe and sole. No aqua shoes
- Wear or bring swimsuit
- Long shorts or pants
- Sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, towel
- Drinking water and a snack
- CPR and First Aid trained guides
- Photos for purchase
- Saddlebags for towel, swimsuit, water and snacks
- All-terrain shoe rentals for $5
- 24-hour notice for 1-5 guests
- 72-hour notice for 6 or more guests
- Cancellation, changes or no-shows outside these policies will be charged the full amount of the tour.
All tours go out rain or shine. In the event Princeville Ranch determines the conditions to be unsafe, guests will be rescheduled or provided a full refund prior to the tour.
Princeville Ranch is no longer offering Zipline or ATV adventures. If you prefer to be a Paniolo, come ride the ranch with us!