Paniolo means cowboy in Hawaiian, so come live the paniolo experience with us on our private cattle ranch on the north shore of Kaua’i! Ride for 1.5 hours on the perfect trip for all riding levels!
We are open for Horseback riding!
We are actively booking horseback adventures to allow guests to experience the unique beauty of the ranch. We continue to deliver the service and aloha that Princeville Ranch is known for.
We have made the difficult decision to discontinue all Off-Road and Zipline adventures and we are no longer taking reservations for weddings and events.
Check out our 20% off Kama’aina specials and come ride the ranch with us! It’s Paniolo time!
Ride ‘N Glide
Note: Times may vary, please check calendar for current schedule
- Person (Ages 10+)
Kaua’i Horseback Riding & Zipline Combo
Imagine the adrenaline rush of Kaua’i ziplines combined with a relaxing ride on gentle horses – all on our historic cattle ranch on the north side of the island! The magnificent Hanalei Mountain views and the Pacific Ocean are your backdrops as you meander through our pristine pastureland.
After riding across the ranch, tie up your horse and harness up for 3 fast and fun Princeville Ranch ziplines. The final zipline is called Big Kahuna because at 700 feet long, it’s a big thrill! Once you’ve had some air time, mount up and ride back through the verdant pasturelands. The views are indescribable. The history runs deep. And the Aloha is abundant.
Our guides are educated in natural horsemanship skills and will also share their knowledge of Hawaii’s history, flora, and fauna. In contrast to the usual nose-to-tail experience, we encourage you to spread out and enjoy the open space on our historic cattle ranch. This one-of-a-kind adventure is the ultimate “Ride ’N Glide” experience!
All riding levels welcome. Hiking distance is approximately a half of a mile total and is considered moderate. For safety reasons, this is a walking-only trail ride. Experienced riders may also inquire about our private rides if trotting or loping is desired.
All participants need to be in good physical condition. No pregnant mothers. No recent injuries or surgeries. Moderate hiking is involved.
For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Must be at least 75 lbs to zipline
- 250 lbs weight limit- must also fit within our height/weight ratio chart (see above)
- Children ages 10 to 15 years old must be accompanied on tour by an adult guest who is at least 18 years old.
- Children ages 16 & 17 years old may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Shoes with a solid toe and sole. No aqua shoes
- Long shorts or pants
- Sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- CPR and First Aid trained guides
- Photos for purchase
- All-terrain shoe rentals for $5
- 24-hour notice for 1-5 guests
- 72-hour notice for 6 or more guests
- Cancellation, changes or no-shows outside these policies will be charged the full amount of the tour.
All tours go out rain or shine. In the event Princeville Ranch determines the conditions to be unsafe, guests will be rescheduled or provided a full refund prior to the tour.