KALIHIWAI FALLS HIKE
Looking for spectacular waterfalls on Kauai? Then trek along with us exploring all five tiers of Kalihiwai Falls! On this Kauai hike, you’ll also view the beautiful terrain of our pristine private ranch.
Of all Kauai adventures, this tour alone gives you access to the top of Pu’u O’ Henui (a 500-foot gain). Here you’ll enjoy stunning 360-degree views of the entire north shore! Then you’ll hike the lowland rainforest, learning about Kauai’s history, flora and fauna. Next scramble down a 10-foot rock wall and cross a waterfall, secured by a safety belt and assisted by your guide. You’ll be amazed at the view of the waterfall tiers – from the top down!
At the lower tier, you’ll have an 80-foot waterfall all to yourself. Enjoy an hour here – swimming, exploring the falls and relaxing with a delicious picnic.
Then your Kauai hike continues up-valley alongside several streams. You’ll cross a waterfall again and scramble back up the 10-foot rock wall, secured by a safety belt and assisted by your guide. Total hiking time is three hours, and hiking distance is approximately four miles across varied terrain. This tour is rated moderately strenuous with rough hewn stairs and multiple stream crossings.
Join us at Princeville Ranch Adventures to enjoy private waterfalls on Kauai!
Our CPR and First Aid-certified guides have been extensively trained. They are well educated on Hawaii’s history, flora and fauna. All guides carry two-way radios and first-aid kits.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Drinking water (32 oz per person)
- Sneakers or hiking boots. No “5-finger” toe shoes, aqua socks or Crocs. Rental shoes available (all-terrain @ $5.00).
- Light, comfortable clothing over swimsuit
- Towel, sunscreen & hat
- Rain gear and mosquito repellent
- 5 years of age or older, in good to excellent physical condition.
- This tour is moderately strenuous with rough hewn stairs and multiple stream crossings. It includes crossing a waterfall and scrambling both up and down a 10-foot rock wall, secured by a safety belt and assisted by a guide.
- Hiking time is three hours, and hiking distance is approximately four miles.
CHILDREN ON TOUR:
- Children age 16 & 17 may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Children age 5 to 15 must be accompanied on tour by an adult who is at least 18 years old.
PICNIC & BACKPACK USE INCLUDED:
A delicious picnic is included: make-your-own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie.
We provide a backpack for your use on the tour.
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event we determine weather is hazardous, we may cancel the tour and guests may be rescheduled.
CHECK-IN OFFICE LOCATION:
We are located on the island of Kaua’i, on the north shore in Princeville. The GPS coordinates for our Check-In Office are 22º12’32”N 159º27’44”W. Our Office is on the ocean side of Highway 56. Look for the green and yellow flags and the circular “Princeville Ranch Adventures” signs.
From Princeville Resorts & North: PRA is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway. If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and we are the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go ½ mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the yellow and green flags. See you soon!
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola, and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge, and go past Princeville airport about two miles. We are just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Rd. at the green and yellow flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you’ve passed us by a ½ mile. See you soon!
Having trouble finding us? Please call 808-826-7669.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- 24-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 5 or less.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Cancellation/changes or no-shows that fall outside of these policies will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.