Join us for a beautiful Kauai horseback ride on our private, working cattle ranch! This 2-hour adventure begins with a brief horsemanship orientation at Princeville stables. In contrast to the usual nose-to-tail experience, you’ll ride (walking only) across the open pastures of our north shore Kauai ranch.
You’ll enjoy panoramic views of stunning mountains and valleys with a striking blue ocean in the distance. You might even ride through our herd of cows and calves! Along the way, our guides will share ranch and paniolo (cowboy) history with the spirit of Aloha. They’ll also stop at special spots with spectacular scenery.
A memorable day will be yours on this Princeville Ranch adventure. Be sure to bring a camera!
- Ages 8 & older in good physical condition.
- Maximum weight 250 pounds.
- Maximum height 6′ 5″.
- Height-to-weight ratios apply. Please call for details or click here to view a chart.
- 7 guests maximum
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR ALL RIDERS
- First name
- Body weight & height
- Experience level: beginner, intermediate, experienced
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Sneakers or hiking boots. No “5-finger” toe shoes, aqua socks or Crocs.
- Rental shoes available (all-terrain @ $5.00 per pair).
- Long pants recommended
- Hat & sunscreen
TOUR FEE INCLUDES:
- Experienced guides
- Drinking water
OUR GUIDES ARE:
- CPR & first aid-certified
- Well educated on Hawaii’s history, flora & fauna
OUR GUIDES CARRY:
- Two – way radios
- First – aid kits
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event we determine weather is hazardous, we may cancel the tour and guests may be rescheduled.
CHECK-IN OFFICE LOCATION:
We are located on the island of Kaua’i, on the north shore in Princeville. The GPS coordinates for our Check-In Office are 22º12’32”N 159º27’44”W. Our Office is on the ocean side of Highway 56. Look for the green and yellow flags and the circular “Princeville Ranch Adventures” signs.
From Princeville Resorts & North: PRA is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway. If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and we are the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go ½ mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the yellow and green flags. See you soon!
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola, and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge, and go past Princeville airport about two miles. We are just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Rd. at the green and yellow flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you’ve passed us by a ½ mile. See you soon!
Having trouble finding us? Please call 808-826-7669.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- 24-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 5 or less.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Cancellation/changes or no-shows that fall outside of these policies will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.