WATERFALL PICNIC RIDE
Enjoy a unique Kauai horse back tour! Your 3.5-hour adventure begins with brief horsemanship instructions before you depart on our gentle horses. In contrast to the usual nose-to-tail experience, you’ll ride at a leisurely pace (walking only) across the open pastures of our north shore Kauai ranch. Along the way, you’ll soak up breathtaking views of mountains, valleys and the ocean. Your guide will share our Kauai ranch and cowboy history.
But this Kauai adventure is more than a horseback ride! After tying up the horses, you’ll hike down a steep trail with steps and rope handholds. Winding through the lush rainforest, you’ll traverse streams, on your way to a secluded 80-foot waterfall. It’s all yours for an hour! Explore the falls, and swim in the fern-lined pool. Then relax and enjoy a delicious picnic, before hiking out for 15 minutes.The hike out includes a climb up a 10-foot rock wall. You’ll be amazed at the view of the waterfall tiers – from the top down!
Your trusty steed welcomes you once again, as your adventure ends with a leisurely ride back across open pastures, enjoying the spectacular scenery. It’s Kauai horseback riding at its best!
GUIDES AND TACK:
All rides are led by trained professional guides certified in First Aid and CPR and equipped with two-way radios and first aid kits. We provide western saddles only. Helmets are available upon request and are required for children ages 8-12.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Sneakers or hiking boots. No “5-finger” toe shoes, aqua socks or Crocs. Rental shoes available (all-terrain @ $5.00).
- Long pants recommended
- Wear a swimsuit under clothes or bring along for swimming
- Towel and sunscreen
- Hat and insect repellent
- 8 years or older, 250 lbs. maximum weight, 6’5″ maximum height. No expectant mothers.
- Height-to-weight ratios apply. Please call for details or click here to view a chart.
- Guests must be in good physical condition. The hike is rated moderate-to-difficult and includes a steep trail, up and down (500-foot gain) and steps with rope handholds. You also will descend and later climb back up a 10-foot rock wall.
CHILDREN ON TOUR:
- Children age 16 & 17 may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Children age 8 to 15 must be accompanied on tour by an adult who is at least 18 years old.
A delicious picnic is included: make-your-own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie.
Available Monday through Saturday
- Check-in 8 (June through August)
- Check-in 9
- Check-in Noon
- Check-in 1
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event we determine weather is hazardous, we may cancel the tour and guests may be rescheduled.
CHECK-IN OFFICE LOCATION:
One mile from the Princeville Airport on the ocean side of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) in Princeville. Look for the green & yellow flags & the Princeville Ranch Adventures signs
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- 48-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 5 or less.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Cancellation/changes or no-shows that fall outside of these policies will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.