Paniolo means cowboy in Hawaiian, so come live the paniolo experience with us on our private cattle ranch on the north shore of Kaua’i! Ride for 1.5 hours on the perfect trip for all riding levels!
Note: Times may vary, please check calendar for current schedule
- Person (Ages 8+)
Ride, Hike & Swim
Join us on our most popular Kaua’i horseback riding adventure, offered since 1978! Ride across our historic working cattle ranch as you soak up the breathtaking views of the Makaleha Mountains, made famous in the Jurassic Park movies. Explore the ranch as you ride a horse, paired just for you, with our experienced guides who are educated in natural horsemanship skills and well versed in Hawaii’s history, flora, and fauna.
You’ll arrive at a trailhead leading into the dense Hawaiian rainforest which begins the hiking portion of this adventure. Descend down a half-mile-long hiking path with rough-hewn stairs and handheld ropes to arrive at our private 80-foot waterfall! Take a refreshing swim, cool off and explore the falls.
The journey continues as you hike back, crossing streams and climbing a daring 10-foot rock wall at the top of the falls. After you’ve conquered the wall, relax and enjoy the sweeping views of the valley below! Jump on your horse and ride back to the stables, across the verdant pastures, rounding out the perfect north shore horseback riding adventure. Join us on our family-owned Kaua’i ranch!
All riding levels welcome. Hiking distance is approximately one mile total and is considered moderate. For safety reasons, this is a walking only trail ride. Experienced riders may also inquire about our private rides if trotting or loping is desired.
All participants need to be in good physical condition. No pregnant mothers. No recent injuries or surgeries. Moderate to intermediate hiking is involved.
For more information please visit our FAQ page.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
- 250 lbs weight limit – must also fit within our height/weight ratio chart (see above)
- Children ages 8 to 15 years old must be accompanied on tour by an adult guest who is at least 18 years old.
- Children ages 16 & 17 years old may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Shoes with a solid toe and sole. No aqua shoes
- Wear or bring swimsuit
- Long shorts or pants
- Sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, towel
- Snacks/refreshments to enjoy at the swimhole
- CPR and First Aid trained guides
- Photos for purchase
- Saddlebags for towel & swimsuit
- All-terrain shoe rentals for $5
- 24-hour notice for 1-5 guests
- 72-hour notice for 6 or more guests
- Cancellation, changes or no-shows outside these policies will be charged the full amount of the tour.
All tours go out rain or shine. In the event Princeville Ranch determines the conditions to be unsafe, guests will be rescheduled or provided a full refund prior to the tour.