Princeville Ranch has been proudly providing all natural grass finished beef since 1994. Between 1994 and 2009 it was sold under the label “Princeville Pride”. Due to high demand, in 2009 we partnered with neighboring ranch Jurassic Kahili Ranch to increase our supply. We now supply 8 animals per month and sell to North Shore markets and cafes and also in Kapa’a.
Our cattle are raised on 100% pure Kaua’i pasture. NO growth hormones nor antibiotics are used on our Brangus breed of cattle. They enjoy fresh green grass year round and are raised between 24 and 30 months of age. Our cattle are handled with low stress and it shows in the flavor and quality of our beef.
Our beef is dry aged between 10 and 21 days. Dry aging tenderizes the beef and brings out the natural beefy flavor. Wet aging, which is when the beef is vacuumed sealed and packaged, also helps age the beef and creates tenderness and flavor.
THE BENEFITS OF GRASS FINSHED BEEF:
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for human growth and development
- Higher in Vitamin A and E than grain fed beef
- 3-5 times higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than grain fed beef. CLA is thought to prevent cancer.
- Lower in saturated fat compared to grain fed beef
Both Princeville Ranch and Jurassic Kahili Ranch use sustainable ranching practices and take pride in selling healthy and natural grass finished beef on the island of Kauai.
WHERE OUR BEEF IS SOLD
- North Shore General Store (Princeville Chevron station): Enjoy a burger from the Café or buy steaks to cook at home!
- Harvest Market in Hanalei
- Princeville Wine Market in (Princeville Shopping Center)
- Healthy Hut in Kilauea
- Hoku Whole Foods in Kapa’a
- Kaua’i Ono Food Truck in Hanalei
“GRASS FED MEAT IS BEEF WITH BENEFITS”
~ Nutritionist Kate Clancy
“CATTLE ARE RUMINANTS AND ARE EXQUISITELY EVOLVED TO GRAZE GRASS“
~ Margot Roosevelt