GUIDES AND TACK:
All rides are led by trained professional guides certified in First Aid and CPR and equipped with two-way radios and first aid kits. We provide western saddles only. Helmets are available upon request and are required for children ages 8-12.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Closed toe sneakers that can get wet and muddy or all terrain hybrid water shoes with a solid toe and sole. (No aqua socks, crocks or 5-fingured toe shoes) We have all-terrain rental Tevas or Keens available for rent at $5 per pair.
- Long pants recommended
- Wear a swimsuit under clothes or bring along for swimming
- Towel and sunscreen
- Hat and insect repellent
- 8 years or older
- 250 lbs. maximum weight
- 6’5” maximum height
- No expectant mothers
- In good physical condition.
- Height-to-weight ratios apply. Please call for details or click here to view a chart.
The 3.5-hour Private Ride offers an optional hike to a waterfall. The hike is rated moderate-to-difficult and includes a steep trail, up and down (500-foot gain) and rough hewn steps with rope handholds. The hike out includes a waterfall crossing and a scramble up a 10-foot rock wall, where you’ll be secured by a safety belt and assisted by your guide.
CHILDREN ON TOUR:
- Children age 16 & 17 may tour without an adult.
- A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
- Children age 8 to 15 must be accompanied on tour by an adult who is at least 18 years old.
PICNIC INCLUDED (3.5-HOUR TOUR ONLY):
A delicious picnic is included: make-your-own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie.
Available Monday through Saturday Please call to arrange a private ride.
- 2.5-hour tour: check-in 9:30
- 3.5-hour tour: check-in 12:30
- 3.5-hour tour includes a full picnic.
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event we determine weather is hazardous, we may cancel the tour and guests may be rescheduled.
CHECK-IN OFFICE LOCATION:
We are located on the island of Kaua’i, on the north shore in Princeville. The GPS coordinates for our Check-In Office are 22º12’32”N 159º27’44”W. Our Office is on the ocean side of Highway 56. Look for the green and yellow flags and the circular “Princeville Ranch Adventures” signs.
From Princeville Resorts & North: PRA is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway. If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and we are the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go ½ mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the yellow and green flags. See you soon!
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola, and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge, and go past Princeville airport about two miles. We are just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Rd. at the green and yellow flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you’ve passed us by a ½ mile. See you soon!
Having trouble finding us? Please call 808-826-7669.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- 24-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 5 or less.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Cancellation/changes or no-shows that fall outside of these policies will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.